20101001

John Rowe

I'M COUNTING ON

I'm counting on ten fingers, I'm counting on ten toes.
When there's something to smell, I count on my nose.
I'm counting on my lucky number, this time it's ten.
I'm counting on my future to come again and again.
I'm counting on this poem to win the big prize.
Everyday I count on a chance at any wonderful surprise.
Look: a flock of ten birds flying, sky so blue.
What can I count on? Can I count on you?
Come count with me, we'll have ten times the fun.
Oh maybe this crazy beautiful life has only just begun!

4 comments:

  1. how whimsical, how meta physical.
    thumbs up. Cecilia Cantaria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...from Gary Imperial:

    Good job. I enjoyed the flow of it. And how you were able to craft a rhythmical verse within the confines of the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the light, whimsical flow and mood of this poem. The rhyming makes it a little bit more fun.

    ReplyDelete